Views: 0 Author: People's Cable Group Co., Ltd. Publish Time: 2021-09-27 Origin: https://www.rmjtcable.com/
Aluminum conductors and copper conductors basically have the following differences
1. The cut-off capacity of copper conductor and aluminum conductor is different;
2. Aluminum conductors are relatively cheap;
3. Aluminum conductor is lighter;
4. The mechanical strength of aluminum conductors is poor;
5. The aluminum conductor is very easy to oxidize at the end of the connection wire, and the temperature will rise after the end of the connection wire is oxidized.
6. The internal resistance of the copper conductor is small. Aluminum conductors have greater internal resistance than copper conductors, but they dissipate heat faster than copper conductors. The main reason is that the current carrying capacity is different and the mechanical strength is different. The resistivity of copper is 0.017 and aluminum is 0.029. So the current carrying capacity of aluminum is about 80% of copper. The mechanical strength of copper is also much better.
Comparison of the advantages and disadvantages of copper core cables and aluminum cables
1. Low resistivity of copper core cable: the resistivity of aluminum core cable is about 1.68 times higher than that of copper core cable;
2. Copper core cable has good ductility;
3. High strength of copper core cable: the allowable stress at room temperature can reach 20 for copper and 15.6kgt/mm2 for aluminum;
4. Anti-fatigue of copper core cable: aluminum material is easy to break due to repeated bending, while copper is not easy;
5.The copper core cable has good stability and corrosion resistance: the copper core is resistant to oxidation and corrosion, while the aluminum core is susceptible to oxidation and corrosion.
Selection of wire and cable model
(1) When selecting wires and cables, consider the use, laying conditions and safety;
For example, according to different uses, power cables, overhead insulated cables, control cables, etc. can be selected;
(2) According to the different laying conditions, general plastic insulated cables, steel tape armored cables, steel wire armored cables, anti-corrosion cables, etc. can be selected;
(3) According to safety requirements, non-flammable cables, flame-retardant cables, halogen-free flame-retardant cables, fire-resistant cables, etc. can be selected.
Selection of wire and cable specifications
1. When determining the use specifications of wires and cables (conductor cross-section), the selection conditions such as heat generation, voltage loss, economic current density, and mechanical strength should generally be considered;
2. According to experience, because of the large load current of the low-voltage power line, the section is generally selected according to the heating condition first, and then the voltage loss is checked;
3. Mechanical strength: Because of the high voltage level requirements of the low-voltage lighting line, the section can be selected according to the allowable voltage loss condition, and then the heating condition and mechanical strength can be checked;
4. Although aluminum core cables are cheap and cheap, copper cables have outstanding advantages in cable power supply, especially in the field of underground cable power supply. The use of copper core cables for power supply underground has the characteristics of low accident rate, corrosion resistance, high reliability, and convenient construction and maintenance.
Mob:+86-156 3908 6804
Tel: +86-371-5563 2827
Room 1203, Building 4, East International Plaza, No. 85 Jinshui Road, Zhengdong New Area, Zhengzhou City, Henan Province, Zhengzhou, Henan, China
Copyright © 1987-2020 People’s Cable Group Co.,Ltd.