Views:0 Author:Site Editor Publish Time: 2021-10-11 Origin:Site
Mineral insulated cable, a kind of cable in which a copper conductor core is wrapped with a copper sheath, and magnesium oxide powder is used as an inorganic insulating material to isolate the conductor and the sheath. The outermost layer can be appropriately selected as required. Commonly known as MICC or MI cable.
There is a similar cable that uses metal instead of copper sheath to wrap the core wire and insulating material, called Mineral insulated metal sheathed cable (MIMS Cable).
Mineral insulated cables are also known as fireproof cables. As equipment has better and better power supply requirements, mineral insulated cables can prevent equipment damage, fires and other situations, and can avoid secondary disasters.
Mineral insulated cables are special cables with special purposes. The commonly used models are as follows:
1. Composed of solid copper rod, magnesium oxide insulation, and seamless copper tube sheath;
Copper core copper sheathed magnesium oxide insulated heavy-duty fireproof cable (rigid fireproof cable) (model BTTZ).
2. Composed of copper stranded wire, mineral compound insulation, and mineral compound sheath;
Copper core non-metallic sheathed flexible mineral insulated cable (model BBTRZ).
3. It is composed of copper stranded wire, fluoromica tape insulation, and copper tape longitudinally wrapped with a continuous welding sheath;
Metal sheathed inorganic mineral insulated flexible fireproof cable (model YTTW).
4. It is composed of copper stranded wire, phlogopite tape insulation, seamless aluminum tube sheath, oxygen barrier filling, insulating refractory layer, and low-smoke halogen-free sheath;
Copper core isolated flexible mineral insulated fireproof cable (model BTLY).
5. HFTGB copper core ceramic insulated metal sheathed flexible mineral insulated fireproof cable.
6. FTGYZ copper core metal sheathed flexible fireproof cable.
According to their different structures, mineral insulated cables are divided into two types: light-duty and heavy-duty
1. Lightweight copper core copper sheathed mineral insulated cable:
①BTTQ light copper core copper sheathed mineral insulated cable;
②BTTVQ light copper core copper sheathed PVC outer sheathed mineral insulated cable;
③LSF-BTTQ light copper core copper sheathed low-smoke halogen-free outer sheathed mineral insulated cable;
2. Heavy-duty mineral power cable:
①BTTZ heavy-duty copper core copper sheathed mineral insulated cable;
②BTTVZ heavy-duty copper core copper sheathed PVC outer sheathed mineral insulated cable;
③LSF-BTTZ heavy-duty copper core copper sheathed low-smoke halogen-free outer sheathed mineral insulated cable
Fire resistance test inspection standard: the most authoritative and demanding inspection standard-BS6387 (UK) C test-950 ℃ 3h flame without breakdown, W test-650 ℃ 30min after 15min of water spray ( Direct immersion in water is also possible) without breakdown, Type Z test-withstand 15 minutes of percussion under a flame of 950°C without damage.
Mob:+86-156 3908 6804
Tel: +86-371-5563 2827
Room 1203, Building 4, East International Plaza, No. 85 Jinshui Road, Zhengdong New Area, Zhengzhou City, Henan Province, Zhengzhou, Henan, China
Copyright © 1987-2020 People’s Cable Group Co.,Ltd.